Awards & Scholarships
- Entomological Society of America Awards, Honors and Scholarships and in particular the BioQuip Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of Research
- UW Madison undergraduate research grants, including Hilldale, Holstrom, University Bookstore Awards, etc
- CALS Financial Aid, includes links to scholarships and awards
- Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- Bacteriology Department Awards
- UW Madison College of Letters and Science, for students in L&S but can do research in CALS
Carl W. Schaefer Undergraduate Scholarship
This is a scholarship opportunity with two $500 scholarships awarded each year to undergraduates majoring in Entomology or double majors with Entomology as the home department.
The following criteria will be used to score applications:
- 50% GPA (undergraduate; provide transcript/s)
- 15% Research Activities (e.g., faculty lab work, independent study, internships, etc.)
- 15% Service/Outreach (e.g., Undergraduate Entomology Club, Insect Ambassadors, etc.)
- 10% Student Statement of Interest (limit to 1 page)
- 10% 1-2 Professional/Academic Letters of recommendation (e.g., lab supervisor, instructor, academic advisor, etc.)
Please prepare application packages according to the criteria listed above.
The deadline for the application will vary. Please submit application packages and questions to the Student Services Coordinator, Sara Rodock (email or 608-262-9926).
Kinney Merit Award
Please see the information on the Graduate Student Funding Information page about the Kinney Merit award for more information and application instructions.
Last updated: August 15, 2012